RE: Re: New function proposal

From: michael . goffioul
Subject: RE: Re: New function proposal
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:46:12 +0100

> When you work it out sent me a patch

OK, here's an updated version:
- move popen2 code into lo-sysdep.cc => octave_popen2
- keep popen2 interface in octave_syscalls class
- modify pipe interface to separate read/write ends of the pipe

While doing this, I realized that the POSIX implementation of
popen2 relies on members of octave_syscalls, so I had to
cross-include lo-sysdep.h and oct-syscalls.h, because I move the
entire implementation in lo-sysdep.cc. Another possibility would
be to keep the POSIX implementation in oct-syscalls.cc and put
only the other impl in lo-sysdep.cc. Which one is better?

Michael.