Re: small __uiobject_draw_axes__ bug fix

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: small __uiobject_draw_axes__ bug fix
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:47:31 -0500

On 22-Feb-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
| > On 22-Feb-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
| >
| > | Attached is a small patch for a missing newline character between the
gnuplot "s/plot" command and the data.
| > |
| > | Also, I'm getting a bug where the functions inside
__uiobject_draw_axes__.m are not all being installed in memory.  The first time
a plot command is run, everything is fine.  However, the second time:
| > |
| > | octave:2> plot([0:30])
| > | error: `do_linestyle_command' undefined near line 338 column 12
| > | error: evaluating assignment expression near line 338, column 10
| > | error: evaluating switch command near line 243, column 7
| > | error: evaluating for command near line 239, column 5
| > | error: evaluating if command near line 29, column 3
| > | error: called from `__uiobject_draw_axes__' in file
| > | [snip]
| > |
| > | and I don't see the do_linestyle_command under "who", but I do see
__uiobject_draw_axes__.
| > |
| > | Does this seem like a bug due to a missing "end" somewhere?  Or may
something else have changed?  I've been updating via CVS and there are a lot of
changes.  I do notice that the plot color is coming out blue (and I'm hunting
down that bug), but I want to make sure I'm not chasing some other problem
first.

| > I don't know what is causing that problem for you.  I'm not able to
| > duplicate it here.
|
| Oh this is strange.  There is more to this.  (And this seems to have just
started happening within the last day.)

| I updated CVS and cleared out all the local scripts that you updated.  Things
are fine; can keep rerunning the same plot command.

| However, as soon as I make a local copy:
|
| cp -a /usr/local/share/octave/2.9.9+/m/plot/__uiobject_draw_axes__.m .
|
| into a directory that is part of the Octave search path (no alterations to
file), then I get the error messages.

OK, I think this is related to some recent changes I made in the way
Octave checks to see whether functions that are loaded in memory are
out of date compared to the corresponding .m files.  I'll take a look
at it.

Thanks,