Re: I don't have functions like inv, pinv, det - build problem?

From: Hakan Yüksel
Subject: Re: I don't have functions like inv, pinv, det - build problem?
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:20:13 +0100

John W. Eaton schrieb:
On 22-Feb-2007, Hakan Y?ksel wrote:

| ok, now I have figured it out. One has to specify the parameter | libexecdir via configure (e.g. --libexecdir=/usr/lib).

Although it is possible to rearrange the way files are installed by
using options like --libexecdir, I don't recall ever having used it.
So why do you find it necessary to use this option?

jwe

Hello John,

sorry. This posting should have been an answer to my previously sent question. I have had the problem that I didn't have the folder /usr/lib/octave which has amongst others the subfolder /usr/lib/octave/2.1.73/oct/i686-pc-linux-gnu/ with files like inv.oct, pinv.oct or det.oct. The problem was then that I couldn't call this functions. After adding

--libexecdir=/usr/lib to the call of configure and rebuilding the folder was
created and the functions were available.

Bye, Hakan