Re: small __uiobject_draw_axes__ bug fix

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: small __uiobject_draw_axes__ bug fix
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 03:30:59 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 22-Feb-2007, John W. Eaton wrote:

| On 22-Feb-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
| | | Oh this is strange. There is more to this. (And this seems to have just started happening within the last day.) | | | | I updated CVS and cleared out all the local scripts that you updated. Things are fine; can keep rerunning the same plot command. | | | | However, as soon as I make a local copy: | | | | cp -a /usr/local/share/octave/2.9.9+/m/plot/__uiobject_draw_axes__.m . | | | | into a directory that is part of the Octave search path (no alterations to file), then I get the error messages. | | OK, I think this is related to some recent changes I made in the way
| Octave checks to see whether functions that are loaded in memory are
| out of date compared to the corresponding .m files.  I'll take a look
| at it.

I checked in the following patch.  Can you see if it solves the
problem for you?

(I was off to a county meeting which ran very very long.)

Works, thanks.

As for the flushing of the output thing, try copying the file above to a local
directory and apply the first patch (run a fresh octave) and the second patch
(run a fresh octave).  The first version I get

octave:1> plot([0:30])
octave:2> plot([0:30])
ans = hi
xautoscale =  1
octave:3>

The second version

octave:1> plot([0:30])
ans = hi
xautoscale =  1
octave:2> plot([0:30])
ans = hi
xautoscale =  1
octave:3>

That's probably not too startling and it really isn't that big of a problem.
(Maybe I never understood how output inside scripts should work and that a
fflush should always be used.)  It's just that I often do debugging by printing
stuff out.  Also, when doing a simulation I'll occasionally print out a loop
counter or something.

Dan