Revised rlocus m-file

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Revised rlocus m-file
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 17:57:59 -0600

At the request of my students, I've rewritten the octave rlocus script. The revised script implements the following changes:

(1) The dots are now connected: instead of a '.' linespoint style, it now uses a "-" line style, which makes the plots easier to read. (2) Real axis breakpoints are included in the gains so that the line- plots are symmetric about the real axis. (3) Bounds on the maximum gain are computed so that asymptotic behavior can be seen.

I've done some simple testing on this, but it would be good for a few others to run it through its paces.

Here's a couple of sample test commands. The revised rlocus file is also attached.

I didn't use a diff because it's a pretty substantial rewrite of the code, other than the portion that smooths the plot.

rlocus(zp([1+j, 1-j], [-1+2*j, -1-2*j,-5, -6, -7],1));
rlocus(zp(-0.1,[0 0 -2],1))