Problem using copyfile and movefile

From: michael . goffioul
Subject: Problem using copyfile and movefile
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:24:16 +0100

I'm trying to use copyfile and/or movefile under MSVC-compiled octave,
but I face limitations due to the poor underlying command prompt: you
can't specify multiple source files (you can do it with globbing, but not with
explicit file list like "cp file1 file2 file3 dest").

I'm wondering what's the best way to handle this:
1) modify .m files to perform element-wise copy/move through a for loop:
quite slow, but should work; easy to implement
2) do not rely on underlying cp/mv tools and implement it completely with
octave tools: lot of work; portable; should probably be done in C++ for
speed, using file_ops, file_stat and dir_entry
3) include cp.exe and mv.exe in octave distribution (MSVC): I'm not really
in favor of that

Michael.