Re: Better limit behavior for images

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Better limit behavior for images
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:05:37 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 24-Feb-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| Another patch that improves the automatic limits for figures with images.
For example, here's that four image example again, but this time without the
need for axis().
| | A = loadimage("default.img");
| [size_y, size_x] = size(A);
| X = ones(1,size_y)'*[1:size_x];
| Y = [1:size_y]'*ones(1,size_x);
| fig1 = figure();
| set(fig1,"visible","off")
| image(X, Y, A);
| hold on;
| image(X+size_x, Y, fliplr(A));
| image(X, Y+size_y, flipud(A));
| image(X+size_x, Y+size_y, flipud(fliplr(A)));
| ocean(64);
| set(fig1,"visible","on");

Without the call to axis I'm no longer getting four separate images
for the above code.  Instead each image is apparently plotted on top
of the last.

I applied the patch anyway since it doesn't seem to break anything.
Can you please update and see if it works correctly for you?

The attached hunk seems to have not patched into CVS.  Maybe it was rejected
for some reason.

Dan
65c65
<   set (ca, "view", [0, 90], "xlim", xlim, "ylim", ylim);
---