Re: pkg netlist

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: pkg netlist
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:15:08 +0100

Bob Weigel wrote:

> Your case makes sense if you want to check the md5 of data that you will keep
> in memory.  However, I think md5 is overkill for verifying that a data file
> is not corrupt.

Bob,

You forget another important case, which is why I like that MD5 is in
the core of octave. That is the MD5 sum at the top of the foreign
language translations in octave-forge. This get the current English help
text for a function from octave calculates the MD5 sum of this string
and tells the user if the translation is out of date relative to the
translation.

D.