Re: new snapshot (2.9.10)

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: new snapshot (2.9.10)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:38:43 -0400

On Mar 22, 2007, at 2:36 PM, David Bateman wrote:

John W. Eaton wrote:
Are there any pending changes that are important enough to prevent
making a new snapshot?  If any major problems show up in 2.9.10, we
can make another one soon.  I'd like to start trying to stablize
things for a 3.0 release.

Comments?

jwe

The only thing I have in the pipe are the changes to the FAQ texinfo
mark-up and the rand test for big/little endian (see my recent post)...
If it is urgent to have a release I'd suggest applying by patch to
rand.cc, it will work on little-endian machines correctly, but fail on
big-endian machines. We can then later address the issue correctly by
one of the means in my recent message.

I'm hoping to simplify the Poisson generator and make it faster,
but this is stalled until the death march at work is over.  Can
I get this in after 2.10 but before 3.0?

        - Paul