Re: Feature request request

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Feature request request
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 19:41:47 -0400

David Bateman wrote:
John Swensen wrote:
One feature I have really like in Matlab and don't think would be too
hard to implement in octave would be where the history is context
sensitive.  That is, if you start typing something, then start using the
arrow keys, then it only completes with history items that match the
first few characters typed.  Since this is readline, maybe there is
already some feature built into readline that provides the same feature,
but with different keystrokes than matlab.  Could someone comment on
whether readline does provide this?  Would you be open to this patch?

John Swensen

Try typing a few characters and then hitting the up arrow. Works for me.

D.

Yep it does. I swear I was trying that earlier today and it wasn't working, but in fact it does. I must have been doing something wrong (y0<space>= then up arrow instead of just y0= then up arrow). Had I not given up trying, I could have saved a lot of wear and tear on my up arrow today ;)

John Swensen