Plotting Inf

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Plotting Inf
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:41:58 +0200

Hi,
I seem to be experiencing some problems plotting Inf's. The following code shows the problem

  plot(1:5)
  hold on, plot([3:4, inf]), hold off

After this the gnuplot window hangs. If I press Ctrl-C in the octave prompt after running the above code, I'm able to get gnuplot to repaint its window, but then it just produces an empty plot. Matlab seems to treat Inf just like NaN, i.e. don't plot the point. Octave seems to get NaN's right, so I guess it's only a minor change.

Søren