Re: tmp gets full when plotting many images

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: tmp gets full when plotting many images
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:16:54 -0400

On 27-Mar-2007, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| Windows OS doesn't allow you to do that. You can't delete a file
| that is being opened by another program (true even for the current
| program as well). That's why you can't remove a DLL (or oct-file)
| while it's in use.

Plus relying on whether there is an "rm" command.

But anyway, the problem should be gone now as I've checked in changes
so that Octave's new plotting code doesn't use any temporary files
when communicating with gnuplot.

But if someone wants gnuplot to delete a file, it would be handy if
gnuplot had a "delete-file" command instead of trying to rely on shell
commands.