Re: help offer

From: David Grohmann
Subject: Re: help offer
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:24:24 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 31-Mar-2007, Gerardo Artola wrote:

| <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
| <head>
|   <title></title>
| </head>
| Hi,<br>
| I want to contribute with the GNU project Octave and I am looking for
| information about the current open projects. I am specially interested
| in numerical problems and it would be great if I can work in this
| development direction.<br>
| I am working since almost 10 years with matlab, simulink, mex
| functions, C/C++ linked dinamically with matlab, etc, in neural
| networks and control systems. For me, GNU projects and matlab are very
| important and I find Octave a challenging project. I would be nice if I
| can contribute in any case.<br>
| I' ve allready downloaded the CVS repository.<br>

We don't assign projects.  It's up to you to decide what features you
think are missing and work on the ones you are most interested in.
For suggestions, there is the PROJECTS file in the sources, but it is
often out of date (keeping it up to date would be a good
non-programming project for someone).

jwe
There is this but my guess is most of it is out of date as well.

http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?MostWanted

--
David Grohmann
Senior Student Associate