Re: Stem update, rough guess.

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Stem update, rough guess.
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 15:36:05 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:

I added markerdgecolor and markerfacecolor properties to the line
properties structure.  I didn't do anything for them in
__go_draw_axes__, so that part still needs to be done.  But I'd rather
wait for that to be implemented instead of accessing the plot stream
directly in stem.m becuase functions line stem should not depend on
the details of any particular plotting backend.

That's what I was hoping you would do. The plot stream was just to illustrate what gnuplot command would be needed. (If you would have tried the patch I sent with multiple plots you'd have seen some problems.) I could have created a bigger patch for which you would need to clean up, but you are much more adept at incorporating those elements with the concept you have in mind. This is what I like about having that plot stream available as far as development.

How does one get the axis line now?  The

  set (gca, "?axisline?", "on");

sort of thing?  E.g.,

  stem([-10:10]);

Thanks,