Acknowledgements in the Manual

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Acknowledgements in the Manual
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:31:35 +0200

Hi,
  This mail is an opinion so feel free to call my stupid and/or ignore me.
In the Preface of the manual there is a section called "Acknowledgements". This section contains an autogenerated list of people who have contributed to Octave. I don't mind seeing my own name in print, but I think the list of people look so autogenerated that it should be removed. If it stays in, I think it at least could look a little less autogenerated by * Remove "John W. Eaton" from the list as the introduction "In addition to John W. Eaton...". * Remove duplicate people such as "From Michael Goffioul" and "Michael Goffioul". I think it's great to give thanks to contributors, but perhaps this list could appear only on the webpage?

Søren