Re: Rewritten version of bar.m

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Rewritten version of bar.m
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 06:53:12 +0300

On 4/18/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 18-Apr-2007, David Bateman wrote:
>
> | converting it to use patches would be trivial. I'm not sure what a
> | barseries really is..
>
> I'm pretty sure I don't understand the group thing yet, but I'd bet
> that it is eventually what we will have to do for compatibility.

I think the reason group objects were introduced us to make it easier
to change properties for the whole group. i.e. in a barseries you can
change the color of all the bars with one set operation. The groups
just aggregate all the patches together,

> | That would work as long as you don't mind an additional internal function
>
> Once we have private functions, we could make it private, but for now
> just naming it __bar__ would be OK with me.
>
> jwe

Frankly, in the long run I'd rather have someone like Shai responsible
for maintaining the graphic handles in the octave core, and so I'd
rather make sure of what he'd prefer to see done for bar/barh rather
than try and push any code from me..

Well, based on my current preformance, I'm not sure it's a very good
idea, But I'm trying to find time for this.

D.