Re: Acknowledgements in the Manual

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Acknowledgements in the Manual
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:49:50 -0400

On 18-Apr-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| Okay, so I tried the @multitable thing, and I think it looks a lot
| better. The problem is that the list now takes up more space, which
| might be a bigger problem. I'm attaching a patch, and then I'll leave
| the decision to you.

Having a table is nice, but I think it means a lot more work to update
if we add a name in the middle of the list unless we have some tool to
do this for us.  Maybe someone could write an Emacs function to format
the list?  Also, if we have a function like that, then it might be
nice to arrange the items so they are sorted down the columns instead
of across the rows.

| The patch also does the following:
| * "Luis Ortiz" has been removed because "Luis F. Ortiz" appeared.

OK.

| * "Soren Hauberg" has been replaced with "Søren Hauberg" because that's
| the way it's really spelled :-)

That was my doing, because I don't think the ø does the right thing
when the Texinfo sources are converted to HTML.  Can you make sure
that it is correctly rendered in all the output formats and add
special cases if it is not?  I know that there are also other names
that I removed accents from becuase I wasn't sure how to deal with
them in all the output formats.

| * "William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno" has been shortened to "William P. Y.
| Hadisoeseno" because the name was too long to appear in the table.

OK, I guess, but he may also object to the way you've modified the
spelling of his name.  :-)