Defining a latex environment in texinfo

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Defining a latex environment in texinfo
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:34:08 +0200

Hi,
As David pointed out a while ago, the manual contains a lot of DOCSTRING's. I think this is acceptable, but it would be better if DOCSTRING text was marked more clearly is being the help text of a function. This marking could be a box around the help text, a larger margin or something like that. I tried experimenting with this by changing munge-texi to put a

@iftex
@tex
\begin{helptext}
@end tex
@end iftex

before a help text, and a similar text after the help text. My problem is that I can't figure out how to define the 'helptext' environment. If I put a \newenvironment in octave.texi I get an error message when running 'make octave.pdf'.

Does anybody here know where I should define new latex environments in texinfo?

Søren