Re: 2.9.11?

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: 2.9.11?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 03:04:30 -0500

Daniel J Sebald wrote:

I looked at the associated processes and found:

 5313 pts/2    00:03:08 octave
 5508 pts/2    00:00:00 sort <defunct>

So, for some reason that sort process is suspending. Not sure why such a simple routine would fail. Some confusion in the piping and in/out streams? Maybe the coordination of fclose(in) and fgets(out) is off. I.e., the input stream needs to finish closing before the output stream is ready, if not maybe sort says "hey"?

Which raises a point. What if the system doesn't have the "sort" command on it somewhere? I've temporarily removed /sbin/sort and, yes, the syscalls.cc test hangs. So, there maybe should be a timeout or test for existence in any case.

Dan