Re: 2.9.11?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 2.9.11?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:53:04 -0400

On 19-Apr-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| Which raises a point.  What if the system doesn't have the "sort" command on
it
| somewhere?  I've temporarily removed /sbin/sort and, yes, the syscalls.cc
test
| hangs.  So, there maybe should be a timeout or test for existence in any case.

I suppose it is possible that sort would not be available, but it is a
core utility that we expect to have available for building Octave.  By
time out do you mean give up and fail after N times through the loop?
I see that is what the diff in the previous patch is doing (along with
printing the number).  OK, I applied that.

Thanks,