Re: Documentation for Manual for Dynamically Linked Functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Documentation for Manual for Dynamically Linked Functions
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:28:02 -0400

On 25-Apr-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| I've only had a quick look at your text as I don't have much time right
| now. So, just two quick comments
|
| 1) You say that an oct file always should return an octave_value_list.
| However, in one example you return an octave_value, which also is OK.

Yes, somewhere it should be explained that a DEFUN function always
returns an octave_value_list object, but that the octave_value_list
class has a constructor

  octave_value_list (const octave_value&) { ... }

that will automatically convert an octave_value to an
octave_value_list so if a DEFUN function only returns one value, it
is common practice to declare the returned value as an octave_value
object.