Re: [OctDev] Java/OpenGL-based graphics package for octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Java/OpenGL-based graphics package for octave
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:17:40 +0200

On 4/25/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
OK, I think I'm (slowly) beginning to catch on.  All of the properties
of the group objects are somehow reflected in the children, so when
any one of the group properies are set, something extra must happen to
push that change to one or more of the children?

Exactly. But it can be more than just with parent/child. Matlab uses
some kind of listener paradigm to link some event (property changed,
object destroyed...) to some piece of code to execute.
For instance, changing properties of a baseline will have effect on
stem/bar series (Visible -> ShowBaseLine, BaseValue -> BaseValue...)

Michael.