Re: Moving functions from octave to octave-forge?

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Moving functions from octave to octave-forge?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:02:19 +0300

I'll just add what's available in octplot/high_level to this list.
unless stated otherwise, they are matlab compatible with v6 graphics
-- octplot has no group objects.

Graphics Stuff:
  contourf fill fill3 gtext pareto patch pcolor peaks pie quiver scatter
  surf surfc zoom meshc

* contourf, fill, fill3, patch, pcolor, pie all need new graphics
objects for patches, the current code is just a hack to simulate it.

We now have a working contourf and clabel in octplot/high_level thanks
to work by Kai Habel. They rely on patch of course. I see now way to
do this with gnuplot. To the best of my knowledge, nothing even
approximating patch is not even planned for gnuplot

* pareto and peaks seem just to need the help text texinfo-fied...

pareto is available in octplot/high_level

* gtext as it stands can't be ported as it uses some X11 specific hacks.
Doing it right with gnuplot requires two way interaction and mouse
control in gnuplot..

* quiver needs to have a quivergroup object class. The o-f version is a
gnuplot specific hack.

Another non-matlab compatible version is in octplot (it uses line
properties which are not available in matlab, only in octplot, to draw
arrows)