Re: alpha image

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: alpha image
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 10:34:40 +0200

I've something like an alpha channel in a project on image stiching (the rendition of panoramic images). Here the alpha channel represents how certain I was about was about the value of a pixel. But here I just used a separate array as the alpha map, so there is no need (for me) for an alpha channel in images, i.e. using NxMx4 arrays for ARGB images.

Søren

Daniel J Sebald skrev:
I recall something about alpha value in a discussion. I'm just curious if there is anyone that could make use of alpha compositing in images and if so would he or she have an example in mind.

Dan