Re: OctavePackaging

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: OctavePackaging
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:25:53 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 11-May-2007, David Bateman wrote:

| What about something like the attached patch to pkg.m. If adds the
| features discussed in the previous e-mail.. I hope this is sufficient to
| address your needs..

If you think we can come to an agreement about what changes are needed
for pkg.m within a few days, then I'll hold 2.9.11 until it is ready.
If it will take much longer than that, then I'll go ahead with 2.9.11
now.

I think this was mentioned before, but I thought I'd bring it up again (without having spent any significant time actually testing it). Someone suggested a verbose option for pkg so that compilation is not done silently. I would want the Fedora octave packaging scripts to use such an option in case something fails when submitted to a remote build queue to make debugging easier.

Quentin