Re: mex function behavior

From: David Grohmann
Subject: Re: mex function behavior
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:58:50 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 15-May-2007, John Swensen wrote:

| Is there some way to put multiple mex functions in a single source file
No.

| and/or share data between mex functions more easily?

Have them all linked to a common library and use mlock to prevent them
from being cleared?

jwe
I think there is something like mxMakePersistent(void* ptr) ...

Also what we do is write mexfunctions that take a string argument and then it dispatches to various functions based on that. any related functionality gets put into the same mex "object" and then you use it directly like mexlib("myfunction", arguments) or write *.m wrappers myfunction.m that makes the previous call.

--
David Grohmann
Senior Student Associate