Comments about pkg.m

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Comments about pkg.m
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 23:22:19 +0200

Hi,

I have a few comments about the pkg.m verbosity mode. They are quite
personal, so other people might not agree. IMO, the verbose mode is not
verbose enough; I'd like to see messages like "Decompressing package...",
"Compiling...", "Copying files..." and so on.
I also would avoid to buffer output messages with "system" when verbose
mode is on.
Finally, I would also output informations like temporary directory where source
code is decompressed, installation directory, user mode (superuser or not)
and so on.

Michael.