Re: pkg manager and installing binary files (DLL)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: pkg manager and installing binary files (DLL)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 13:16:00 +0200

On 5/20/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
David Bateman wrote:
I thought about it a little more. There is a bin/ directory in the
packages that is added to the EXEC_PATH when the package is loaded. So
if the DLL is copied from src/ to bin/ directory when it is built, the
install should place it in bin/ in the installed package and it will be
on the path.

The only question I have is if the fact that it is added to the path
ater Octave was started will affect things. So Michael can you try to
create a bin directory in the fixed package, move the DLL to it and
restart Octave and see if it helped?

Unfortunately not. Changing EXEC_PATH after octave has started
does change how DLL are loaded. I also tried to change PATH variable,
without any success.

Michael.