Re: pkg manager, arch-dependent files and autoload

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: pkg manager, arch-dependent files and autoload
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 22:01:08 +0200

On 5/20/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
Michael Goffioul wrote:
> What if the PKG_ADD file contains command that are not related
> to arch-dependent files (non autoload command)? Should there be
> a separate PKG_ADD file?

Yes, but given the multitude of places where the PKG_ADD commands can be
defined how do you create the two files reliably? I believe the only
PKG_ADD command that needs to be in the same directory as another file
are the autoload commands and these are exclusively for oct-files, so it
seemed save to me to have it in the architecture dependent directory..

I used PKG_ADD to load java jar files located in the same directory as
the PKG_ADD file. However, jar files are arch-independent. Anyway, I can
live with it and find a workaround (by appending ".." to the path).

Michael.