Re: How to change the autoload status of a single package?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: How to change the autoload status of a single package?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 18:21:34 +0200

On 5/25/07, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On 5/25/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, you found my bug in 2.9.12.. Please apply the patch in
>
> http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2007-May/002952.html
>
> In fact I think it probably only affects you at this point..

Well, I have to double-check, but I already applied the patch... :-|

I can confirm that it does not work, even with the proposed patch.
I don't know exactly how to solve it, but I can explain what's happening:
in pkg::rebuild, old_descriptions is empty, because installed_packages
returned {}; looking at pkg::installed_packages, local_packages gets
empty because all my existing packages are global, and global_packages
gets also empty because local_list==global_list in this call; hence no
packages are returned.

Michael.