Re: How to change the autoload status of a single package?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: How to change the autoload status of a single package?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 18:48:42 +0200

Michael Goffioul wrote:
> On 5/25/07, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 5/25/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Yes, you found my bug in 2.9.12.. Please apply the patch in
>> >

>> http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2007-May/002952.html
>> >
>> > In fact I think it probably only affects you at this point..
>>
>> Well, I have to double-check, but I already applied the patch... :-|
>
> I can confirm that it does not work, even with the proposed patch.
> I don't know exactly how to solve it, but I can explain what's happening:
> in pkg::rebuild, old_descriptions is empty, because installed_packages
> returned {}; looking at pkg::installed_packages, local_packages gets
> empty because all my existing packages are global, and global_packages
> gets also empty because local_list==global_list in this call; hence no
> packages are returned.
>
> Michael.

Humm, ok it seems like I introduced some bugs in pkg.m with the last
changes. This one is less important as it only affect the MSVC build at
this point. The other one for autoloading is however more important as
it affects everyone.

I have a rather large modification to pkg.m in the works to make the RPM
builds in sourceforge simpler by including a "pkg build <package>"
option to pkg to build a binary version of a package. This doesn't touch
the other methods and so even if it is buggy should affect others in the
same way as the architecture dependent directory did..

I'll look at this issues later tonight and try and propose a patch for
them. Autoload worked in 2.9.10 and so this is therefore a known bug in
2.9.12.

Regards
David