Re: Relocatable octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Relocatable octave
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 22:17:33 +0200

On 5/28/07, Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> wrote:
Context: We would like to construct an octave.app application which
acts like I normal macintosh application.  To do this we need to be
able to run octave no matter where it is installed.

On May 28, 2007, at 4:46 AM, Thomas Treichl wrote:

> a) In the liboctave.dylib the octave_config_info informations eg.
>
>   octave:1> octave_config_info ('bindir')
>
> are hardcoded, ie. if a octave function uses one of this informations
> then it may fail because of a path that points into my temporary
> install directory. I used sed to replace these paths but then
> liboctave.dylib is destroyed.

I agree that you don't want to modify liboctave.dylib using sed.

I don't know if this is very relevant, but I had a similar problem with Win32
version of octave. This has been solved by additional substitution, see
toplev.cc and sysdep.cc (w32_set_octave_home): the idea is to define
OCTAVE_HOME automatically at startup.

Michael.