Re: color & radio classes

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: color & radio classes
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 07:15:09 +0300

On 6/1/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 22-May-2007, Shai Ayal wrote:

| Sorry for replying to my own posts, but no one else seems to answer ...
|
| anyway, I'm attaching the changes proposed in the previous email as a
| patch to src/graphics.cc
|
| Shai
|
| 2007-05-22  Shai Ayal  <address@hidden>
|
|       * graphics.cc (color_property): modified to accept both color and
|       radio values
|
|       * graphics.cc: added radio_values, radio_property, color_values
|       classes

Sorry for the delay.

I applied this patch with a few minor changes.  One thing I changed
was to change the "color_property (const octave_value& val)"
constructor to handle character strings ("r", "g", "b", etc.) as color
names.  But I'm not sure that is enough.  What needs to change to make
it handle the radio values?  Can you take a look at the current
version of graphics.cc in CVS?

To handle raio values you need to pass the construtor a list of the
allowable values. I see 2 ways to do this wiht octave_values:
1) constructor with 2 octave_values  one for the color_values and one
for the radio_values
2) a cell/struct octave_value

Is it essential that we have such a constructor? (wih only octave_values)

Shai