Re: Octave/Win32 new binary package (2.9.12)

From: Olli Saarela
Subject: Re: Octave/Win32 new binary package (2.9.12)
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:33:48 +0300

Michael Goffioul wrote:
Another minor observation: Uninstall didn't remove start menu items on
Vista (even with JRE installed before installing & uninstalling Octave).
On XP this worked as expected.

This is something I really cannot test myself. I don't have Windows Vista.
Does it remove at least some entries, or none of them? Did the start menu
folder location change under Vista? Can you delete them manually?

Michael.

Uninstall didn't remove any of the entries, but I was able to delete them manually by right-clicking the start menu.

I am currently not at my Vista box, I'll get back to you about the start folder location. I'll also be happy to run other tests that might help.

Olli