Re: Updated Octave/Win32 binary package

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Updated Octave/Win32 binary package
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:50:53 +0200

On 6/5/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On  4-Jun-2007, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| 2) wait until the next octave release, if it's gonna come soon

I can try to make a 2.9.13 snapshot next week, and I'll try to look at
the OCTAVE_API patch again before the next snapshot.

With the file handle bug found yesterday, there will be a new binary package
release anyway. If you plan a new snapshot, then I'll wait for it and base
the binary package on it. This gives me also some time to integrate the new
version of SuiteSparse (3.0.0) in the release.

Thanks for looking at the OCTAVE_API patch. This is the only main MSVC
patch left against main source tree. I know this is quite intrusive,
but I couldn't
figure out a better solution to be able to compile "fixed" package, while still
being able to export the required symbols from fixed.oct (in order to compile
against it), due to the trickiness of macro expansion within octave and the
DLL import/export system of MSVC. If you agree with the concept, then I
should probably regenerate a new patch with my current CVS tree, because
the last patch I sent is probably out-dated.

Michael.