Re: Saving/Loading anonymous function handles in HDF5

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Saving/Loading anonymous function handles in HDF5
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:48:05 +0200

On 6/5/07, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

With recent CVS (yesterday, I think), I get problems when running the tests
in ov-fcn-handles.cc, when testing HDF5 format: the code generates a run-time
error in HDF5 library with the following backtrace

HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 library version: 1.6.5 thread 0.
Back trace follows.
 #000: ..\..\src\H5F.c line 1968 in H5Fcreate(): unable to create file
   major(04): File interface
   minor(17): Unable to open file
 #001: ..\..\src\H5F.c line 1746 in H5F_open(): unable to truncate a
file which is already open
   major(04): File interface
   minor(17): Unable to open file
error: save: unable to open output file
`C:/DOCUME~1/goffioul/LOCALS~1/Temp\oct-9'

When executing the test code line by line, this happens when saving to hdf5
format for the second time. Tracing file handles with ProcessExplorer,
it appears
that octave still has a file handle referring the saved file after the
"load(nm);"
line. Subsequent "unlink" call fails (returns 0) and final "save" call produces
a runtime error and exits octave.

Any idea?
(Note: hdf5 version is 1.6.5)

Additional information: this seems to only happen when saving/loading
non-anonymous function handles. Isn't octave_fcn_handle::load_hdf5
missing a call to "H5Gclose (group_hid)" in such case?

Michael.