Re: Mingw32 compiled binaries

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Mingw32 compiled binaries
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:01:51 +0200

On 6/6/07, Benjamin Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Can you provide patches? It might be commited directly to CVS.

I made two changes, one straightforward and one possibly to be discussed
1) I replaced NPOS by std::string::npos, as NPOS is not defined in mingw's g++

NPOS should be #define'd in config.h from octave, which is included in
mkoctfile.cc. Note that to compile mkoctfile.exe, I hacked octMakefile.in
to do the same substitution as for mkoctfile.in; then I copy mkoctfile.cc.in
into octave top source dir and do "make -f octMakefile mkoctfile.exe"

2) I also dropped the FLIBS variable from the build command. I did
this because FLIBS contains paths valid only on the build system. But
the user of a (hypothetic) package need not have the same paths with
his mingw installation, so I dropped it. The whole octave installation
is relocatable, but these paths are hardwired  (they are taken from the
compiler's configuration, so are not related to octave's installation
directory). I found that omitting FLIBS renders an equally working
mkoctfile, so I dropped it.

I cannot drop it as under my system, FLIBS contains the reference
to libf2c.

Michael.