Re: Java/JHandles available for Linux

From: Michael Jones
Subject: Re: Java/JHandles available for Linux
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 03:59:09 -0700 (PDT)

>Although the configure script does not require it, it's better to have
>at least java-1.5 as jhandles requires it. That's also why the "-version"
>flag does not work. I only tested under 1.5 and 1.6.

Correct. This works after I downloaded Sun's jdk-6u1-linux-i586-rpm.bin.

>> 2. problem:
>> As posted by somebody else
>> http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=10645618&framed=y
>> I get the same compiler error
>> __java__.cc:463: error: invalid conversion from '__jarray*' to
>> '__jobjectArray*'
>> and don't know how to proceed. Maybe a gcc problem (my version is 3.3.4)?
>
>Again, this might be due to the version of the jdk you're using and the
>corresponding JNI headers. Could you check in jni.h the return type
>of NewObjectArray (BTW, could you also report the line 463, because in
>the version I have, there's no code and I couldn't figure out which version
>you're using).

Yes. I found out, that the jni.h (version 1.4) of the libgcj-devel-3.3.4-11
RPM (from Suse 9.1) is included instead of the jni.h from Sun's jdk-6u1.
Although this is a problem of my outdated distribution: do you happen to
have a quick suggestion (maybe a configure option?) how I make gcc use the
newer jni.h? But probably I have to gcc-4.1.

Thank you for your replies.

Michael.