Re: Octave/Win32 new binary package (2.9.12)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave/Win32 new binary package (2.9.12)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:43:04 +0200

On 6/11/07, Paul Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:
Michael,

On starting up the installer, I get the slightly perplexing message:

GNU Octave 2.9.12 Setup

This version of Octave cannot be installed on this system.
Supported systems are Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Current System: Microsoft Windows XP

This is the Professional X64 System

I added some code in the installer to detect the windows version; the main
reason was that Windows2000 requires a different installation of the runtime
libs than WinXP (and Vista). Recognized windows versions are 5.0 (Win2K),
5.1 (WinXP) and 6.x (Vista). What's the content of the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion?

Michael.