Re: MINGW32 patch: windows-style paths in conf.texi (doc build)

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: MINGW32 patch: windows-style paths in conf.texi (doc build)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:19:29 +0200

> On 6/11/07, Benjamin Lindner wrote:
> > This patch translates the MSYS style paths in doc/conf.texi.in into
> > pseudo-windows style paths by translating /c/foo/bar into c:/foo/bar.
> > This is necessary when building the documentation with win32 MiKTeX.
> >
> > However this is probably not generally working, since /f/foo/bar could
> > also be a perfectly valid posix path on a *nix system and here
> > the translation would not make sense.
> > So probably this should be a mingw32-specific patch applied seperately
> > against source code when building
> >
> > comments?
>
> I also have that problem (for my MSVC build) and I make the path change
> manually. Another problem I have with MiKTeX is that etex and pdfetex do
> not honor TEXINPUTS. Did you get around that problem?

Hmm, building the doc completed without error messages, except the one
that the file ../conf.texi is not found (this one you also mention in
the README file).
I used miktex 2.4 for build and I had to make sure that the miktex
binaries are first in the PATH, otherwise the build fails.
I did not apply other changes, so maybe I encounter the same problems,
but since the documentation builds (the pdfs look ok) I did not care too
much about it now.

How does this problem manifest in your case?

benjamin