MINGW32 patch: support for C++ code mkoctfile, octave-config

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: MINGW32 patch: support for C++ code mkoctfile, octave-config
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:31:54 -0400

On 11-Jun-2007, Benjamin Lindner wrote:

| Another patch used for mingw32 build.
| This one could be used both for MSVC and mingw32 build, where
| C++ code is used to generate mkoctfile.exe and octave-config.exe
| It integrates the build from C++ code into normal build process.
|
| This patch assumes that there are C++ source code files
| mkoctfile.cc.in and octave-config.cc.in present in the root directory
| of the source code.

Maybe they should be moved to a separate directory (src)?

| Is it planned to eventually integrate these into octsve's source code?

I seem to remember discussing this once before but I'm not sure why we
didn't include them.  If we do include them, I would want only one
version, so we would replace the scripts with the compiled code.  I
think some people objected to having them be compiled programs instead
of scripts because it made it harder to modify them or see exactly
what they are doing (for example, find how the environment variables
are used).

In any case, I think this is a change that can wait until after 3.0.