Controlling Gnuplot from Octave

From: tlhiv
Subject: Controlling Gnuplot from Octave
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:53:32 -0700 (PDT)

I have noticed that in recent versions of Octave that gset is now gone.  How
can I control the aspect ratio of my plot?  Could someone tell me the way to
perform this old commands with the new syntax:

gset size ratio 2/(1+sqrt(5))

In fact, how would I specify the width/height of an output EPS graphic?  In
particular, I want an EPS graphic that is 3 inches wide and as tall as it
needs to be to contain the axis labels, titles, etc. but have the actual box
that contains the plot have a 2/(1+sqrt(5)) aspect ratio.

Thanks,

Troy