Re: "save" to and "load" from file descriptor

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: "save" to and "load" from file descriptor
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:09:17 +0200

On 6/14/07, Aaron Birenboim <address@hidden> wrote:
> | work. I cannot enforce binary mode since pipes have only
> "w" or "r".)
>
> I think pipes are by definition binary.

At least 4-5 years ago they were TEXT ONLY on Win32.
I had to re-write some code to deal with that on a port from LINUX.
Perhaps CygWin will allow binary...

Pipe mode can be text or binary. But it is usually text mode by default.
Win32 "popen" allows to specify "b" or "t" modifier along with "r"/"w".
Maybe this could be added to the octave front-end for popen?

Michael.