Re: HOWTO add a new graphics property

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: HOWTO add a new graphics property
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 07:30:11 +0200

On 6/17/07, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I wrote this up just to have some simple guide with all the necessary
steps on how to add a new graphics property. Please have a look and
correct it if necessary. Hopefully when finalized this howto will
enable more people to contribute code.

On the same topic, maybe you should consider implementing the ability
to add property dynamically at run-time. By combining this with property
listeners, you are then able to implement specialized graphs entirely in
m-code. I'm experiencing this in JHandles and it reveals very handy.
See
http://octave.cvs.sourceforge.net/octave/octave-forge/extra/jhandles/inst/__jhandles_go_areaseries.m?revision=1.2&view=markup
for an example with areaseries.

Michael.