Re: update on class objects for Octave

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: update on class objects for Octave
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:30:38 +0200

Hi,

John W. Eaton skrev:
Some things that are not done yet:
[snip]

  The superiorto and inferiorto functions to control precedence of
  classes for dispatch.
[snip]
It might be useful at this point if people who use objects could check
out the object branch, build it, and give it a test drive.  I'm sure
there will be some problems and that many features are still missing,
but it would be good to know which ones people actually use.  That way
we can avoid wasting time implementing unimportant or unused features.
I have no direct need for objects, but I have been wanting to play with the FDA (Functional Data Analysis) package provided by Ramsay & Silverman, http://ego.psych.mcgill.ca/misc/fda/. This software uses objects a _lot_, so I thought I'd give it a test run. It would seem that it uses 'superiorto', so it doesn't work :-( I don't know how common it is to use 'superiorto', but the software that I've found to be of interest uses it...

Søren