Re: autoconf and paths with spaces

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: autoconf and paths with spaces
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:10:37 +0200

On 7/1/07, Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> wrote:
With proper quoting of the arguments in mkoctfile we can indeed build
oct and mex files, even if the path has spaces in its name.  The last
sticking point seems to be autoconf.

For example, configuring the octave-forge odepkg with:

       ./autogen.sh
       ./configure CFLAGS="-I'path with spaces'"

the configure script fails with:

       configure:1598: gcc -I'path with spaces'   conftest.c  >&5
       gcc: with: No such file or directory
       gcc: spaces': No such file or directory

Did you try with quoting the full command argument, including -I like
'-Ipath with space', instead of -I'path with space'?

Michael.