Re: general c++ question

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: general c++ question
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 06:31:50 +0300

On 7/2/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On  2-Jul-2007, Shai Ayal wrote:

| OK, so it seems this isn't possible (google also seems to say this).
| Unless there is some big objection, I will remove the nesting, i.e.
| class XXX_properties will not be nested in class XXX.

Before you do that, can you please explain why do you need to declare
the function that returns properties before the property class has
been fully declared?

I thought of adding functions to access the individual XXX_properties
classes, so the a back-end written in c++ could gain access to these.
It seemed to me that the gh_manager class was a good place for these
functions since it would allow gaining access to properties using only
the handle. I though of using something similar to the ocave_value way
-- add const XXX::XXX_properties& XXX_properties_value() functions
However, all XXX_properties depend on base_property which in turn
depends on gh_manager which means I have to forward-declare the
XXX_properties before gh_manger. Since this is impossible to do with a
nested class my solution was to un-nest XXX_properties from XXX

Shai