Re: [OctDev] Need for JHandles/Linux tester

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Need for JHandles/Linux tester
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 00:06:42 -0400

On Jul 5, 2007, at 5:17 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

On 7/4/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
It seems to work fine, though this doesn't demonstrate how to get
information back from the button into an Octave process..

BTW, for interested people, I posted 2 screenshots showing the main recent
improvements (texture mapping on surface, colorbar, UI), available at

http://octave.cvs.sourceforge.net/octave/octave-forge/extra/jhandles/ doc/

In order to get __java__.cs to compile in extra/java, I needed to specify an include directory:

        -I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Headers

and a framework:

        -framework JavaVM

I had to sneak the framework line into mkoctfile by defining LFALGS=... since
-framework is not allowed on the mkoctfile command line.

Still not sure if it works.

Finally, the jhandles compile is failing with "cannot find symbol Class Matrix" despite the fact that I have a fully qualified name for octave.jar on the CLASSPATH. I don't know enough Java to debug this.

        - Paul