Re: [OctDev] Need for JHandles/Linux tester

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Need for JHandles/Linux tester
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:10:42 -0400

On Jul 6, 2007, at 3:36 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

On 7/6/07, Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> wrote:
In order to get __java__.cs to compile in extra/java, I needed to
specify an include directory:

-I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Headers

and a framework:

       -framework JavaVM

Indeed, the configure script is designed for Windows and Linux. It hasn't
been tested on Mac OSX (the above looks like Mac OSX, isn't it?)
A patch for extra/java/src/configure.base is welcome.

Michael,

I cleaned up the configure/build process and posted my extra/java changes directly to CVS. I'm pretty sure I didn't break anything, but I've only tested on one system so I can't be sure. Feel free to back them out if I did.

The assumption I've made is that if /Library/Java/Home exists, then I'm running OS X java, and I don't need to check the version number.

        - Paul