Re: Other Octave-forge functions to port to the core

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Other Octave-forge functions to port to the core
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:34:10 +0200

David Bateman schrieb:
Thinking about porting convhull, etc I looked again at what octave-forge
functions that are core matlab functions and so might be subject to a
port to Octave itself. There are still quite a few. Some of the easy to
port ones and those that I'd propose to port to Octave before 3.0 are

<SNIP>
*  ode23, ode45: subtile differences in interface for ode23 and ode45
(still true?). Need oct-file rather than mex-files of certain code.
> <SNIP>

Still true, yes. Don't have a chance to work on that at the moment because of the Octave.app OSX topic. The next third 'family' of solvers for IDEs is planed (at least in the pipeline of my mind). The need for *oct rather than *mex is realized.

  Thomas